The Philjohn Technologies S.A. Group is concerned about respecting your privacy and protecting personal data.
As such, the Philjohn Technologies S.A. Group complies with applicable European law on the protection of personal data, and, in particular, the European General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data n ° 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 (GDPR) as well as all the rules of national law adopted in application thereof.
The Philjohn Technologies S.A. Group is responsible for the processing of your personal data (DCP) within the meaning of the aforementioned legal texts.
The purpose of this Personal Data Protection Charter (the “Charter”) is to inform the persons concerned about the reasons and the way in which the Philjohn Technologies S.A. Group processes your personal data, the security measures taken to ensure the integrity of this data and the means at your disposal to control this use and exercise your rights.
1. Identity and Contact Details of the Data Controller
The PHILJOHN TECHNOLOGIES S.A. (PJT) Group including its parent company, Philjohn Technologies S.A., a public limited company with capital of €60,000, registered with the RCCM of DOUALA under number 2018/B/454, whose head office is located Immeuble Advans, Bonamoussadi, as well as all of its subsidiaries within the meaning of the provisions of article L 233-1 of the Commercial Code, existing and future (hereinafter B & D) is the publisher of this site.
2. On what occasions are your personal data collected?
PJT may collect your personal data in the context of:
– Contact request via the dedicated contact form;
– Downloading content (White Paper);
– Newsletter Sign-Up ;
– Registration for events organized by PJT or its partners…
In application of the principle of minimizing the collection of personal data, only information that is relevant, adequate and limited to what is necessary with regard to the purposes for which it is processed is processed.
Depending on the purpose pursued, PJT may in particular collect different categories of personal data: identification data, personal life, professional life, etc.
PJT may also collect information about you from publicly available sources such as social networking sites, or informational sites (such as yellow pages, etc.)
3. Why and on what basis are your data collected?
Your personal data is collected for specific and legitimate purposes.
Depending on the case, your personal data may be used, for example, for the purpose of:
• communication of information on the Group and the services offered;
• sending communications, white papers, newsletters, etc.;
• invitation and registration to events, including partners etc.; ;
Your personal data is processed by PJT in the cases permitted by the applicable regulations, on the following bases:
a- execution of a contract
ex: partnership, employment contract etc.
b- compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations
e.g. response to official authorities
c- to serve our legitimate interests
e.g. computer security measures
d- because of your consent
e.g. application, subscription to a newsletter, registration for an event, etc.
For minors under the age of 18 (or 21 depending on the country), this consent must be given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility. If the latter discovers that the Personal Data of the minor concerned have been entrusted to PJT, he will have the right to request their deletion.
4. Who is your personal data disclosed to?
Personal Data may be disclosed to the following persons depending on the purposes:
• All entities of the PJT Group (eg: contact form; PJT event, downloading of content, etc.);
• Service providers and subcontractors (eg: registration and participation in events; registration for the newsletter; processing of applications by a recruitment firm, etc.);
• Commercial partners (eg: registration and participation in events, etc.)
5. How is the security of your personal data maintained?
The security of personal data is a priority for the PJT Group.
In order to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of personal data, the PJT Group has implemented the necessary technical and organizational measures to prevent the data from being distorted, damaged or from unauthorized third parties access. The PJT Group ensures an appropriate level of security taking into account the state of knowledge, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing as well as the risks and their probability.
In the event that PJT communicates personal data to a third party, PJT ensures that the latter certifies that it has and maintains the same level of protection as that in force in the PJT Group, and puts in place the contractual guarantees so that in particular , the data are processed for the accepted purposes, ensuring their integrity, confidentiality and the implementation of the necessary security measures.
However, it is recalled that no system or security measure is infallible and despite the precautions and measures taken, the PJT Group is not able to guarantee absolute security of personal data.
In the event of proven breach of personal data likely to create a high risk for the rights and freedoms of the persons concerned, PJT undertakes to communicate this breach to the competent supervisory authority and, when required by said regulations, to the persons concerned.
The recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside the European Economic Area.
In particular, your data may be transferred to our subsidiary located in Tunisia for the purpose of processing your requests.
Any transfer of your Data outside the European Economic Area is carried out subject to appropriate guarantees, in particular contractual, in accordance with the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data.
6. How long are your personal data kept?
The PJT Group keeps your personal data for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes pursued.
This duration varies according to the purpose of the collection, for example:
• Personal data of customers/prospects/Partners: 5 years after the last contact with the latter;
• Personal data of users of the site: 2 years at the end of this period, PJT may contact you again to find out if you wish to continue to receive communications relating to offers, news and events from PJT. Your Data will also be destroyed within a maximum period of 30 days from your request to unsubscribe;
7. What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the following rights over the personal data concerning you:
– the right to obtain information on the data we hold about you and the processing carried out; as well as to obtain a copy of this data in electronic form;
– in certain circumstances, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time (please note that we may continue to process your personal data if we have a legitimate reason to do so or if we are subject to a legal obligation);
– in certain circumstances, the right to ask us to transmit this information to a third party when this is technically possible (please note that this right is only applicable to the data which you have provided to us);
the right to modify or correct your personal data;
– the right to limit the processing of your personal data in certain cases;
– the right to ask us to delete your data in certain circumstances (please note that legal or regulatory provisions or legitimate reasons may require us to keep your data);
the right to ask us to restrict or the right to object to the processing of your data, in certain circumstances (please note that we may continue to process your personal data if we have a legitimate reason to do so or if we are subject to a legal obligation);
– the right to define directives relating to the storage, erasure or communication of your personal data applicable after your death.
8. How to exercise your rights?
For any question relating to this Charter and/or to exercise your rights as described above, you can contact PJT, electronically or by post, by sending a letter accompanied by a copy of any identity document at :
To the Legal Department of Philjohn Technologies S.A.
via his law firm TABOO SARL
Boulevard de la liberté, Akwa – Douala, CM
Douala – [email protected]
PJT and/or its legal counsel undertakes to respond to you as soon as possible, and in any event, within one month of receipt of your request.
9. Modification of Our Personal Data Protection Charter
PJT may modify this Charter.
We invite you to check this page regularly to ensure that you have read the latest updated version of this Charter.